Monday, April 15, 2013

Resources for Learning Arduino

I thought I would do a quick post of some of the resources I found useful when I first started messing around with the Arduino.


  1. Arduino Learning Section- As I've watched some other people learn the Arduino system, the two biggest problems I've seen have been not reading the Getting Started section and not reading/knowing about the Learning section. Arduino.cc is your friend. Bookmark it. 
  2. C Programming Quick Reference- I cannot find either the website or the paper copy of the one I used, but this is similar. It was somewhat useful until I found number 3.
  3. Arduino Companion App- Available where apps are sold. Its a free app available for IOS, Blackberry, and Android. I have no idea if there is/will be a version for Windows or Firefox OS. It has all the functions, libraries, datatypes, etc in a nice offline format. I still use it. Also has a built in resistor calculator. Very nice. (most of the stuff from the app can also be found HERE)
  4. Jeremy Blum's Youtube Channel- He also has a website. Most of the Arduino tutorials on YouTube are from him. They are pretty useful. My bumper debouncing circuit (which I don't think I ever got around to mentioning) was directly from his channel.
  5. The Arduino Forum- I haven't personally posted a lot of stuff out there, but there is still a lot of information to be found. If you do need to ask a question, be sure to check out the Sticky sections first. Chances are, you aren't the first person to ask that question, and you want to be sure that you follow posting etiquette. 
  6. Google- 3/4 of the battle is knowing what question to ask. I have a whole tab of bookmarks from all corners of the internet that is full of useful tutorials and forum posts. Also, datasheets are just a click away.
  7. Various Retailers- If you buy generic parts, often the real thing can be found on a retail website like Sparkfun, etc. That can be useful if you need to know what the real specs are.
  8. Various other Apps- I have an Ohm's law app and a few others that I use less often.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. If you have favorite source that I missed feel free to comment or fume privately. Of course, this blog is a source, I'm sure there are others as well.

 Hope you found this list useful
-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment